Welcome to our mouth-watering lower carb pasta recipes! These recipes are a game-changer for pasta lovers everywhere that want to optimise their blood sugar levels.
Are you craving pasta but trying to cut back on your carbohydrate intake? Welcome to our mouth-watering lower carb pasta recipes! These recipes are a game-changer for pasta lovers everywhere that want to keep their blood sugar levels under control.
Let’s journey through the fun and flavorful world of lower-carb pasta alternatives.
Zoodles with Chicken Alfredo
This deliciously creamy recipe works wonders as a mid-week meal. The creamy sauce is the perfect match with spiralised zucchini.
Preparation: 45 minutes
- 3 large zucchini, spiralised
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken thigh, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup full cream milk (or your choice of milk)
- 2 cups spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the chicken. Cook for a 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Pour in stock and stir well.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add in spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from heat and add in the chicken and parmesan and mix well.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spiralised zucchini noodles until just tender.
- Add zoodles to sauce and serve.
Zoodles are a great way to increase your vegetable intake and a delicious alternative to regular pasta. Whether you are following a keto diet, a low-carb approach or just trying to optimise your blood sugar levels, this recipe is sure to become a favourite.
Lower Carb Spaghetti Bolognese: A New Take on an Old Classic
Spaghetti bolognese is almost a household staple for so many families and a classic comfort food. Here are some tips to create a lower carb alternative while still optimising nutrition and taste.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery,finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 x 400g tins crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse pasta to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add beef mince and cook until browned. Add onion, celery and garlic and cook until softened. Add tinned tomatoes and basil and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 40 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Add spinach and stir in to wilt.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve with a side salad or steamed greens.
Pulse pasta is a fantastic alternative to include regularly in your diet. Not only are legumes shown to be really beneficial for heart health and gut health, they are a great addition for stabilizing blood glucose levels. A side serving of your favourite vegetables and this meal has a fantastic balance of nutrition.
Prawn Pasta Salad: Fresh, Filling, and Fabulous!
Looking for a way to elevate traditional pasta salad? Our prawn pasta salad is packed full of flavour and nutritional goodness. It will certainly become a favourite! High in fibre and protein, this is a great option to include pasta in your weekly meal repertoire.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 100g pulse pasta
- 300g cooked prawns, ready to eat with shell and tails removed
- 1 large avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions,thinly sliced
- 100g baby spinach or rocket
- Small bunch basil leaves, torn
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, mix together oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. Add dressing when ready to serve.
This pasta salad is a wonderful alternative to store bought options. If prawns are not available, simply swap this for chicken. This is a great option to make ahead of time for lunches or to serve with friends. It has a perfect balance of macronutrients to leave you feeling satisfied with stable blood sugar responses too!